- Look up my username. This will send you a list of all your ADU usernames, including your school-issued email address.
- Reset my password. If you don't know your password, this will send you a one-time link to reset your passwords.
- Change my passwords. If you know your password this will let you change your password for my.adu.edu as well as SONIS, Office 365 (email), and other systems.
- Update my personal email address on file. You can update the personal email address we have on file for you to ensure you can receive the password reset email and use the other self-service option
- To remove your email registration hold, please click here to send your code again.
- Once you're able to log in, there are many ways to access your email and receive notifications. For more information go to the New Student Orientation resources page and expand the "Student Email" section under "Communicating with ADU."
- If you can't log in to my.adu.edu, use the password reset
- If you can log in to my.adu.edu, but not your email, use the password changer. (You can "change" the password to the same password you use for my.adu.edu now.) It may take up to two minutes before you can log in to your email with the new password.
- If you're having trouble logging in to your @my.adu.edu account because you're logged in to a different Microsoft account, click here to try a clean login. This will attempt to log you out of any conflicting accounts.
- Want an official transcript? Request one here.
Problem not covered here? Contact Us and we will find an answer for you.